It means your website is unable to connect with your license system.
You can contact your hosting provider to fix the issue.
Note: You can continue using our plugins or themes, without activating the license. The only limitation is that you need to update the plugin manually.
You can try to fix this issue in these ways:
- – Update WordPress Software.
- – Update all of the WordPress themes and plugins, you have installed on your server.
- – Try to increase the PHP memory limit and execution time using php.ini / user.ini / wp-config.php file.
- – Switch DNS configuration to OpenDNS, your hosting provider may help you with this.
- – Contact your hosting provider and tell them about this issue. It is a common server issue.
To increase PHP memory limit:
Create or Edit an existing PHP.INI file
memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 64M
max_execution_time = 600
max_input_vars = 5000
suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000
Add this code to wp-config.php file
/** Memory Limit */